Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Okay, maybe I get sidetracked. I am still working on a redesign of the teal turtle. But as I was noodling around this owl appeared. And this should end up a rather large owl...18 inches square. The idea is to use a multitude of strips to form the owl's front. I'm thinking this will be another attempt at combining precise piecing with free-hand. We'll see.
Meanwhile the floral Irish chain has been sent off to the Bumblebean's quilt drive. I made the quilt top back in the 80's. It's a little too sweet for my tastes, but I'm hoping that out of 200 potential recipients, it will find a happy match. And strangely, as pictured here it has four sides. But when I was hand sewing on the binding, I came to the final side and found out there were two more sides to sew. So this should be a five-sided quilt. Mystifying.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Funny how quilts grow sides during binding!

Mystic Quilter said...

Owls - love them! I have books about owls so your pattern is a delight to see - please let's see him/her made up in fabric!