Monday, June 23, 2014

I finished the Ocean Waves quilt. I started it many years ago and then revived it as part of Vicki W.'s HST quilt along. Now I have to decide whether I will store it as a quilt top or go ahead and quilt it. There are many waiting in line ahead of this one.
As I have been cutting into the hand-dyed fabric for the Omigosh quilt, I decided to play around a bit and practice some skinny strips. The color combinations are irresistible.
 Out in the yard I have sticks that are theoretically apple trees. I planted them in horrible locations so it isn't their fault. But I finally decided that this would be the year to remove the sticks, and look, little apples. And the Granny Smith apple tree is also producing for the first time ever. Maybe they liked all the attention they got from cicadas last year. In any case, these apples won't be around long. I'm pretty sure they are being eaten by deer because the branches disappear along with the apples.
The potted cucumber plant on the back deck seems happy. We'll see how long that lasts!


2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Good to see your lovely Ocean Waves top finished! I have a few more blocks to go.
What are you going to make with those delicious skinny stripped pieces? I love them.

Vicki W said...

I love your ocean waves quilt! The background/border fabric is awesome.