Monday, July 28, 2014

Last year I made a Placid Curves quilt based on a pattern in Amy Ellis' Modern Neutrals book for a Quilt of Valor. This year, our local quilt guild is having a silent auction to benefit a local nursing facility. I suspect that my personal color preferences aren't widely shared, and that another version of this quilt might be more popular. With that in mind, I have cut new fabrics. The assembly is slightly different from the scrappy version of Placid Curves in Amy's book.
I make two versions of the A strip set which in both sets includes a large white strip. The B strip sets have the largest strip in a color, red and blue.
Each of the strip sets are then cut into strips.
The new strips are then sewn together (A1-B1-A2-B2-A2-B2) to form a 12 inch block (when finished). Now I only have to make 41 more of these blocks.

1 comment:

Mystic Quilter said...

What an amazing pattern I love the illusion of curves. I didn't realise that the secret was in the strip width and the cutting up.