Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Dear Jane M7

Here is the latest Dear Jane block M7 or Junko's Rose Garden. If I threw this block at you, it might send you to the hospital. My process was quite convoluted and had many layers that I did not artfully cut away. Although I am going to show you how I made it, I don't recommend you try this at home.

Let me remind you that I'm obsessed with Dale Fleming's inset circles. On the left is a block that is the exterior of the circle and it has four curved wedges that are appliqued and then cut into to make the circle (with seams folded back). The block on the right is the interior portion, made from a square of floral fabric with background curves appliqued over it.

This is the block after the two blocks are sewn together. For the last step, the four leaf shapes are added to each corner.

Meanwhile some of you may have received an unsolicited email promising you resort accommodations through Klub Kitten. I'm sure that most of you already have software that automatically filters out all emails from kittens, but in case you don't, please do not answer this ad. You think you would be coming as a guest, but really the foster kittens are just looking for extra servants. And more to the point, the foster kittens are going up for adoption on Friday and Klub Kitten becomes, well, nothing, until next kitten season.

3 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Well done for surviving Junko's Rose Garden. I think this has been the hardest so far.
Can't wait for the next kitten season.

Cathy said...

So Buddy and Molly are going to get forever homes - that is so great! I can’t believe how much they’ve grown (physically and mentally) while at Kitten U (or R). Oh, I am going to miss kitten season! Good thing I will be stitching up kittens from your pattern. I have enlarged it to 6.5x6.5” unfinished by adding a small strip at the top. Better to keep track and plan for the delinqu-- er, kittens that way.

gayle said...

Is it graduation already? *sniff* They grow up so fast...