Monday, July 4, 2016

Kittens in a Basket

I couldn't resist joining the Gwennie Medallion QAL after reading Gayle's (of Mangofoot) blog post about her sunflower border. The QAL is about to start (or maybe finish) the second border out from the center basket medallion. So to catch up, I quickly grabbed a couple of kittens and threw them in a basket. So that will be the center of the medallion.

I also did a bit of hand quilting on the plaid bunny quilt. Molly is following my lead on progressing on projects bit by bit. Yesterday she took down one side of a curtain, and today she took down the other side. She also sprinted off with my practice quilting piece with wool batting in it. Molly is impressed with my endurance, but thinks I really need to work on my speed.

7 comments:

gayle said...

Awww... kittens in a basket! Perfect start!
I think Molly should be assigned a handicap, until your speed comes up to her standards. I suggest she should have to give Buddy a kittyback ride in every sprint. That should even things up.

Cathy said...

Now you’ve done it. Kittens in a basket. OK, the Cute Factor just skyrocketed through the roof. I’m in love with the basket of kittens. However, Alfie thinks the kittens should have been orange, and I`m sure Molly had an opinion leaning toward white.

Mystic Quilter said...

I too had decided to go with the Gwennie Mekallion but due to you know who didn't get to firsts base with the basket, decided last week I was going to make a huge effort to do a catch up, now I see you have a cute basket all ready to go it's time I got myself into gear!

Debra said...

Seems like several of us had the same thought! I started a basket block this weekend too.. trying to jump into this QAL and catch up. Love your kitty basket - great idea!

Vicki W said...

Well, at least you are getting your cardio in every day!

Sue SA said...

The perfect place for a naughty kitty, tucked up in a basket!

Cathy said...

Glad Gayle convinced you to join in with her awesome border. That basket of kittens will make a uniquely you center block. How cute. Can't believe you can just whip something up like that. Can't wait what you add for Childhood and then Log Cabin. It's great brain exercise.