Sunday, September 4, 2016

More red seahorses

Here is the full collection of red seahorses. I made two "watermelon" seahorses and decided to make six "rose" seahorses...okay, let's just call them red. In any case, I tried to make right-facing at the same time I was making left-facing seahorses, and started making too many mistakes. So I finished up one yesterday, and finished up the rest today.

It looks like the seahorses are going to make a great secondary pattern once they're laid out.

And you may think of Molly as my helper in the sewing room, but she supervises all of my activities. She was very gently suggesting that I may have too many books and not enough room for kittens.

6 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Love how those seahorses flow together and make lovely new patterns!

Vicki W said...

The negative space looks like a pig flexing his muscles.....can you see that?

Cathy said...

I'd get confused making left and right at the same time. I love these but think I'm going to attempt your poodles or bunnies bounding over cabbages before I get to seahorses. You still have old school books??? I thought I was the only one.

Magpie Sue said...

I like the seahorses with their tails all meeting - almost as if they were square dancing! You'll need to show Molly a picture of Charles Wysocki's painting of a cat among the books in his library. Too bad I can't think of the title of the painting for you! It's frequently featured as a jigsaw puzzle though.

Sue SA said...

Love the seahorses, such beautiful delicate creatures - we just visited the aquarium and they are delightful. I agree the secondary pattern is great. I dont think there is such a problem as too many books - a house is not the same without them.

gayle said...

Who knew seahorses engaged in synchronized swimming?
You don't have too many books - just not enough bookshelves...