Thursday, April 6, 2017

Stonefield stars

Here is another star block for the Stonefields quilt. I did fussy cut the sheep before I added the sashing. Obviously, they kept moving around the pasture and ended up lopsided. Not my intention certainly. And I hope you like the suggestion of sheep in the background fabric. Abstract sheep are much better behaved.

The instructions for the Stonefields quilt by Susan Smith calls for three of these stars with circles within circles. And yes, I did fix the pink star that had the broken arm.

And here is Molly contemplating a run up the design wall to make falling stars.

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Oooh very pretty--love those sheep, this block does look tricky though hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

I'm finding all your Stonefield blocks so very appealing in many ways...the fabrics, the colors, the blocks themselves.

Cathy said...

I'm a bigger Molly fan than a Stonefield fan. But then I'm a bigger Molly fan than just about anything else. Love the sheep in the cross 'window'.