Sunday, June 18, 2017

Oregon Delivery

Hi, it's Molly your guest blogger. Staff has gone over the deep end and has failed to keep up her blog while she treats me to almost daily indignities and crazy surprises. Just yesterday, I was locked in a bathroom and when I came out, the massive hoard that we abandoned in Virginia was now piled high in our Oregon apartment. And yes, this window ledge is the only area not yet piled with fabric.

I suggested that blog readers would be fascinated to see empty fabric racks and massive mounds of boxes. She insists, however, that everyone would really prefer to see me posing in a window.

And Buddy's dog-like tendencies means that he has adjusted well to our daily indignities. In fact, he seems quite happy in this apartment with the brown carpet and beige walls. Boring!

I expect that staff will return to blogging again tomorrow. Today was the first chance in over a week that she has had to stroke fabric. She still has to set up her sewing machine. Meanwhile, her cutting table, which she has used since the early 80s, did not travel well. In some strange tribute to Tripod Tommy, the three-legged cat, the movers delivered the table top and only three of its legs.

7 comments:

Vireya said...

I think it is some sort of conspiracy. My sister moved to a new home several states away about 6 months ago. Her removalists delivered all the table legs but no table top.

Dorothy said...

Did I miss the story of why the move to OR? Glad to have you all on the west coast though---I am just SE of Seattle

Cathy said...

Obviously there is some spot where table legs and socks congregate in an alternate universe. Or else Tommy is speaking to you from beyond the Rainbow Bridge. Glad you and your Supervisors made it to a new home safely. It will be lovely to get things back to normal!

gayle said...

Buddy looks like he knows what happened to the fourth leg, but isn't going to tell.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Oh, no. The fourth leg might be in the freezer. That's where we found all of our table legs and TV after our move years ago. They were missing for about three months. We didn't even think to look in there.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Good luck with the unpacking. Moving is never fun, but hopefully your new accommodations make it worth the effort.

works4me said...

Oregon Delivery - I see the most important items made it; Molly and Buddy. Good luck unpacking and adjusting and welcome to the Wet Coast. (I am in BC)