Thursday, July 13, 2017

Stonefield returns

I've decided to work on the Stonefield quilt by Susan Smith again so I can add in a mix of hand applique to all the sewing I'm not doing. I put the blocks up to get a sense of the colors. I also went looking for my Karen Buckley circles that are my favorite for circle applique.

And I kept looking. Then looked again. Unfortunately, just this afternoon I told my sister, probably in a louder voice than I needed, that I was NOT going to buy any more notions because I couldn't find them.  But maybe Portland has a special exemption on pronouncements, like a 24 hour statute of limitations.

You might remember that I went to the Sisters Quilt Show on Saturday, and fell in love with this fabric (that is, a fabric similar to this).  And guess what came today? This is an example of how the world is a scary place, but in a good way.

Here's a close up. The fabric isn't a typical quilting cotton and has a bit of a canvas feel to it. It's light enough to work with, but is stiff.  And I think only the pugs are having a good time.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

We breathed a sigh of relief when we found the cats on that fabric. Smitty and Sadie were especially concerned.

gayle said...

It is a rather grim looking bunch, isn't it? That bunny makes me want to hug him...

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh goody you now have some!! Would the fabric soften up if you wash it before using?

Cathy said...

Well, I'm glad you're happy to have it..... it is certainly an odd print. Interesting, but odd.

Tammy Hutchinson said...

'to add in applique to all the sewing I'm not doing' Loving your sense of humor through all of these challenges!