Friday, November 3, 2017

Postpone-itis

It's that time of year when we are supposed to pull together our RSC challenge quilt tops. For me, that usually also means looking a couple years back and see what's been left by the wayside. And a year ago, I pulled out these seahorses, worked out a layout and then filed them away under "Move to Portland." Now that I'm here, I guess I should probably coral (corral?) them.

And it was over a month ago that I layered the DandyLion quilt. My accomplishment for today was to prepare the machine I use for machine quilting...yes, I changed the thread. And then Molly started tunneling under it with Buddy pouncing on her. And then there was probably a squirrel, but not of the quilting variety...

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Quilting was not in the cards for me either today. I just didn’t feel like it after a day of errands and weather change (don’t ask me why THAT got to me). But every time I see your cute DandyLions, it makes me think of a song I used to play on the piano (when I was just learning, in middle school). I’ll spare you lyrics. You’re welcome.

Dorothy said...

I think this is my 3rd request---is there a "pattern" for DandyLion ??? Sorry if I am being pushy/abnoxious

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm so pleased to see the sea horses up on the design wall! How many more of these do you have?

Susan said...

I love the sea horses.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOL. some days I just prepare machines all day.

gayle said...

I'd almost forgotten the seahorses! Lovely to see them out again! And I've always had a soft spot for those dancing lions.
I haven't sewed anything at all for a week at this point. Finally got my machine set up today, and sorted some fabrics. With any luck, I might get a stitch or two done tomorrow...

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sally,
I love the name of this post. Who would ever postpone something in quilting? I don't know any quilters that ever jump from a project to start a new one, or get bored by a project and set it aside. HAHA Those seahorses are really precious, and the lions - that's quite a pride, so to speak. Reminds me of the Lion King kind of. ~smile~ Roseanne