Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Vintage Butterfly...Still

Here is one vintage butterfly block. At the beginning of the month, I thought I would be showing a finished vintage butterfly block. But instead, reality delivered one block. And my sewing machine was so disappointed in me, she developed a neurological disorder. Her needle starts off to the left instead of in the center. At first, she let me correct it, but now she is resisting me. I can't really complain because she has computerized parts from the 90s.

Here is the block with some of its new friends. If you would like to make butterfly or kaleidoscope friends, flutter over to Kaleidoscope of Butterflies monthly link-up.

7 comments:

Ann said...

Funny post except it's so frustrating when our sewing machines freeze up. Always at the most awkward time. I didn't get much done on my butterflies either. I love looking at yours every month and really like the layout. Thanks for linking with Kaleidoscope of Butterflies.

gayle said...

My sewing machine starts with the needle to the left, also. I've had long talks with her about changing her ways, but she resists all my attempts to persuade her. We've suffered a lot of broken needles when I forget that I left the 1/4" foot installed. You'd think she'd speak up and warn me...

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I actually had to get a new machine last week. Husqvarna wouldn't sell anyone the part I needed to fix it because there are no dealers around here. Crazy. Hence, new machine.

Magpie Sue said...

Geez, I hope you have someone to sew back-up while this machine goes to the doctor.

Cathy said...

Personally, I like leaning to the left, but probably it’s not so great for sewing machine needles. My sewing machine keeps flashing the service logo at me, and it’s only been 10 months. She’s got to wait until after Christmas (it only takes a few days that way). But your machine should probably go see a sew-chiatrist very soon.

Cathy said...

I love those vintage butterfly blocks.
I hate my sewing machine. It doesn't sew left, doesn't sew anything but straight stitch and hasn't since Jan. when I took it in to have handwheel unfrozen before it was even a year old. Finally took it back in yesterday after all these months of straight stitch sewing to arrogant sewing machine repair guy. I might be ordering a belt for my husband's grandmother's old treadle soon.

Janie said...

Beautiful blocks!
Sewing machine trouble is frustrating, yes.
Hopefully you get it fixed soon.