Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Last of the spies

This is the last set of i-spy blocks that I'm making for my grand nephew's quilt. It will be two-sided so my next task will be to choose which blocks go on which side. For his brother's quilt, I divided the blocks into good and evil, where kittens and teddy bears were categorized as evil. This version has so many trucks and racing cars, I may be able to divide it into transportation versus not. Cats that look like Buddy would go on the transportation side.

And speaking of Buddy...I had to crop this photo or I would have received questions like "Why is there a huge loaf of bread on your sewing room floor?" And to make matters worse, today Buddy figured out how to jump up into Molly's feeding nook. Since he has been jumping up on the sewing table and the computer desk, I figured it was a matter of time. Now I'm trying to move Molly's eating area to the top of the refrigerator.

5 comments:

Katie said...

The top of the fridge? Sheesh! I thought Emma-No was trouble! I'm watching to see how the I Spy comes out...

gayle said...

Well, jumping to the top of the fridge will be good exercise for Buddy. Or at least, *attempting* to jump to the top of the fridge. Molly will be amused.

Cathy said...

Maybe Buddy needs to take a spin class, or Aerobics for Ponies or something. Too bad you can’t install an off switch for his appetite. I just love your bright, happy I-spy blocks.

Nann said...

Hi, Sally -- I don't think I've visited your blog before. [Cathy (Sane Crazy Crumby Quilting) said that you and she are participating in a challenge, so I had to "meet" you.] This is a terrific I Spy design! I have an opportunity to make one for a baby due in August. (And I will use some of that mouse-and-cheese print, and maybe the polka dot (koalas and "V"). Always fun to see fabric that's familiar.) Oh, and good luck with the Demented challenge!

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on reaching the end of the I-spy blocks!